Issue 39 – July 2017 OUT NOW!
In this edition:
- God, Science, and the Human Quest for Meaning Professor Alister E. McGrath, Andreos Idreos Professor of Science and Religion, University of Oxford.
- On Happiness
Dr Caroline West, Senior Lecturer in Philosophy, University of Sydney.
- Walking through the valley of the shadow of death: Exile and Solidarity as a Foundation for Values in Education
The Reverend Aloysious Mowe SJ, International Director of Advocacy and Communications, Jesuit Refugee Service
- Critical Thinking in an Age of Social Media
Michael Parker, Headmaster of Oxley College, NSW.
- Beyond Belief: How we find meaning, with or without religion Dr Hugh Mackay AO, social researcher and author ‘A Crime without a Name’
- The testimony of the victims and perpetrators of the Holocaust: Is it possible to create meaning out of Trauma?
Dr Ari Lander, Education Officer, Sydney Jewish Museum.
SUBSCRIBE today to become a DAN member and receive a copy
Dialogue Australasia Journal has been published since 1999 and is a twice yearly publication committed to fostering and promoting critical and creative approaches to teaching Religion and Philosophy in Australasia.
It is intended that the Journal should:
- Be broadly representative of the Five Strands and consistent with the purpose & aims of DAN
- Contain material that is academically rigorous, has contemporary relevance and can be applied in the classroom.
- Be non-confessional and non-denominational
- Focus on secondary teachers with scope for primary focused articles
- Stimulate readers and equip them with practical teaching resources.
- Nikolai Blaskow, ACT
- Jeremy Hall, NSW
- Paul Rout, UK/MLB
DIALOGUE JOURNAL SUBSCRIPTION ONLY:
1 copy of the journal twice a year – $55.00
Quoted prices are for Australian members and are GST inclusive.
New Zealand subscription rates are GST exclusive and must be paid in Australian dollars
(Online Payment recommended)
Why not become a financial member of DAN?
DAN MEMBERSHIP– includes Dialogue journal twice yearly, access to online teaching resources, professional development opportunities, regular e-newsletters and news:
1 copy of the journal twice a year – $160.00
3 copies of the journal twice a year – $229.90
10 copies of the journal twice a year – $290.40
20 copies of the journal twice a year – $423.50