Dialogue Australasia Network (DAN) is an exciting and important initiative arising from a commitment to developing Values, Philosophy & Religious Studies with intellectual rigour and contemporary relevance in Australasian schools.
We now have over 300 members from Independent, Catholic and Government schools and Educational Bodies in Australia and New Zealand.
DAN’s PURPOSE is to help young people become more fully human by nuturing and promoting the development of a broad-based academic approach to the teaching of Values, Philosophy & Religious Studies.
DAN’s VISION is to be a vibrant organisation that brings together educators who have a shared sense of the importance of our purpose, and a willingess to work together to achieve its objectives.
Dialogue Australasia Network Limited is a registered company governed by the DAN Board and guided by our Constitution.
The affairs of the network are conducted by the Executive Officer with the support of the Executive.
The DAN Board:
* Roy Kelley (Board Chair) – Headmaster Melbourne Grammar, VIC
* Stephen Webber – Headmaster, Guildford Grammar School, WA
* Bradley Fenner – Headmaster King’s College, NZ
* Rev Nikolai Blaskow – Chair of Dialogue Australasia Journal (Ex-officio)
The DAN Executive:
* Phil Chappell – Canberra Grammar School, ACT
* Jeremy Hall – Newington College, NSW
* Belinda Hill – Executive Officer, WA
* Eleanor O’Donnell - Geelong Grammar School, VIC
* Terry McDevitt – Westminster School, SA
* Deborah Stevens – Bioethics Education, NZ
MEMBERSHIP OF DAN
DAN supports its members through:
- Dialogue Australasia Journal (twice yearly)
- Website with access to online Teaching Resources and Blog
- Professional Development Opportunities including Workshops & a bi-annual Conference
- Regular e-Newsletters and Updates
- A network of like-minded colleagues throughout Australia and New Zealand
Dialogue Australasia Network
34 Douglas Avenue
Phone: 08 9367 8903
Email: Belinda Hill – Executive Officer
ABN 90 621 907 834