Established in 2000, Dialogue Australasia Network (DAN) is committed to fostering and promoting critical and creative approaches to teaching Religion and Philosophy in Australasian schools.
We have over 300 members from Independent, Catholic and Government schools and Educational Bodies in Australia and New Zealand.
DAN’s PURPOSE is to help young people become more fully human by nurturing and promoting the development of a broad-based academic approach to the teaching of Religious Education and Philosophy.
DAN’s VISION is to be a vibrant organisation that brings together educators who have a shared sense of the importance of our purpose, and a willingess to work together to achieve its objectives.
Dialogue Australasia Network Limited is a registered company governed by the DAN Board and guided by our Constitution.
The affairs of the network are conducted by the Executive Officer with the support of the Executive.
The DAN Board:
- Roy Kelley (Board Chair) – Headmaster Melbourne Grammar, VIC
- Rev Nikolai Blaskow – Chair of Dialogue Australasia Journal (Ex-officio)
- DAN Executive Officer: Belinda Hill, WA
The DAN Executive:
- Jeremy Hall – Newington College, NSW
- Eleanor O’Donnell – Ballarat Grammar School, VIC
- Terry McDevitt – Westminster School, SA
- Simon Bennett – St Michael’s Collegiate School, TAS
MEMBERSHIP OF DAN
DAN supports its members through:
- Dialogue Australasia Journal (twice yearly)
- Website with access to online Teaching Resources
- Professional Development Opportunities including Workshops & biennial Conference
- Newsletters and Updates
- A network of like-minded colleagues throughout Australia and New Zealand
Dialogue Australasia Network
34 Douglas Avenue
Phone: 08 9367 8903
Email: Belinda Hill – Executive Officer
ABN 90 621 907 834