DAN supports its members by sourcing and promoting excellent resources including teaching units with accompanying resources and ideas on curriculum planning.
These resources are generously contributed by teachers who are committed to improving the standard of teaching and learning in Values, Philosophy & Religious Studies in Australia and New Zealand. Resources are shared with the permission of the respective schools in which they have been developed. All material posted here is available for DAN members for classroom use only and is not to be reproduced for any other purpose without prior written consent from the DAN EO.
Note for contributors to the DAN Website
DAN exists to promote a relevant and rigorous approach to teaching RAVE.
As such, we are not seeking to post units of work that replicate what can be found in textbooks and which assess facts with closed questions (which has merit in certain contexts but which is not our particular aim here).
Rather, we are seeking units of work that:
- foster intellectual rigour
- stimulate independent critical thought
- ensure the integration of understanding with personal experience
- provide creative assessment tools
Example: World Religions Exercise
Rather than simply assess students on their knowledge of the meaning of words, a tool like this requires them to integrate understanding and apply in a context.
GATEWAY TO ONLINE RESOURCES
- BOOKS & TEACHING CDS
- CURRICULUM OUTLINES
- TEACHING UNITS, KEYNOTE PAPERS, WEBLINKS
- DAN BEGINNER’S SAMPLE CURRICULUM
- KEYNOTE PRESENTATIONS FROM PAST DAN CONFERENCES
- ARTICLES FROM DIALOGUE AUSTRALASIA JOURNAL
NEWLY UPLOADED RESOURCES
* From the 27th Issue of Dialogue Australasia Journal:
Spirit Makes Us Human (Article & Student Activity) by David Tacey and Felicity McCutcheon
* From the March & June 2012 DAN Workshops: Teaching Middle School RE (Yrs 7-10) with Dr Felicity McCutcheon
Presentation and additional resources from workshop (registered participants only).
MEMBERS – Forgotten your password? Contact the Executive Officer
NOT A MEMBER YET? – If you are interested in joining DAN, or would like to access
a particular resource, contact the Executive Officer
CONTRIBUTE RESOURCES TO THE DAN SITE – If you have resources to share with colleagues, the Executive Officer would be delighted to hear from you!