ETHICS & VALUES STRAND
YRS 11 & 12
Does Love Make the World Go Round? by Dr Felicity McCutcheon
- What is Evil?
- Human Flourishing: Wisdom from the Ancient Greeks
- Virtue and Vice
- What is Love?
- Tough Love
- Love in Action
- Languages of Love
- The Prisons we Choose to Live In
- God is Love
- God and his Substitutes
Applied Ethics Units by Dominic Hodnett, Christ Church Grammar School, WA
- Introduction (starts Pgs 18-38)
- Abortion – Powerpoint & Task
- Euthanasia – Powerpoint & Task
- Capital Punishment – Powerpoint & Task
- Just War Theory – Powerpoint Part 1, Powerpoint Part 2, Powerpoint Part 3 & Task
- Applied Ethics Assessment
Religion, Conflict & Peace by Catherine Syms, Diocesan School for Girls, NZ
- What is Morality?
- War as a Moral Issue – What is War? What are the causes of War?
- War in the Modern Age – What are Weapons of Mass Destruction?
- Just War – What do Christians teach about War? Can war ever be “fair”?
- Islam and War
- Judaism and War, Conflict in Israel today
- Pacifism and Reconciliation
- Assessment: “Should I become a Pacifist?” including Assessment Criteria
- Useful Resources
Social Justice – Joining the Struggle for a Better World Power
by Tony Brennan, Guilford Young College